Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Photographer

I shot today with a photographer I've never met/spoken to/worked with before. These sorts of shoots always go one of two ways: either we hit it off immediately and produce an outstanding body of work from the first click of the shutter or it's awkward and I'd rather have dental surgery than have this man take my picture.

Luckily for me, today was a case of the first instance, although we did spend the first hour and a half of the shoot to simply talk and get to know one another, which helps immensely once you are laying there naked, unsure of what to do with your body, while man  with a camera straddles you trying to get "the shot".  And by "helps" I suppose I mean "assuages the fear that I'm actually a naive ingenue who has no idea this cad has lured me to his private studio in the big city to have his way with me."

What is honestly the most interesting part of modeling is how blithely I will walk into potentially perilous situations with no frame of reference other than the caliber of photographs the photographer creates. As if someone gifted with a camera lens couldn't possibly be somewhat unstable or downright crazy. Yet, when I take jobs with photographers who don't really impress me, I'm always contacting their previous models, asking about how the shoot went, if the girls were uncomfortable at any point, etc.

Funny how aesthetics provides a completely unrelated sense of security for some reason.

But anyway, new photographer. He gets a big A+ in my book (so far, I haven't seen the final product yet, but I'm confident it won't bring his grade down). Why? Well, he utilized music to set the mood of the shoot (it is SO much easier to shoot a certain mood or theme when the music brings you there). But really it's because he didn't try to hit on me. not once. In fact, as he was lacing up my corset, eye level with my ass, he told me about his upcoming wedding.  There was just something so refreshing about that. And it made me a lot freer to be more sexy and erotic during the shoot without worrying about how he might take it the wrong way and somehow assume that it is all because I want him desperately and not at all about getting the shot.

Modeling. It's like acting. And I can fake an orgasm on camera just as convincingly as I can in bed. Neither one has ANYTHING to do with the boy.

3 comments:

  1. Terry Richardson should take a cue from your photog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, most photogs take their cues from Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE Terry Richardson's pictures. -_-

    ReplyDelete