Sunday, October 23, 2011

Please, god, keep your pants on: part deux

Hey guys, guess what. Remember that feeling I had yesterday about Capt. Creep? Yeah, I'm pretty good at these things. HE ANSWERED THE FUCKING DOOR IN A FUCKING TOWEL WHEN I SHOWED UP.

A towel that he was not interested in trading in for some pants when I politely requested that he do so. And under ANY other circumstances, I would have thrown the money back at him and booked it out, but rent. What do you do?

Right and then his towel "fell off" as he was shooting.

Have you ever seen a photographer attempting to shoot a model one handed? Because I have. I have, because as I was posed with my face away from him, I noticed that it was taking him longer and longer to snap the shutter. But, it IS really hard to manually focus your camera when you are PLAYING WITH YOUR PENIS WHEN YOU THINK THE MODEL ISN'T LOOKING.

Look, I knew I was engaging in a type of prostitution when I took this gig. His photos are shit. He doesn't know how to light (hell, he didn't even HAVE a lighting set up) and the photos are not creative. In the business he is what we call a GWC or Guy With Camera. He likes pretty girls and bought himself a fancy camera so he has a reason to be in the company of pretty girls. In exchange, the pretty girls give him some model time in exchange for his money. Because let's be honest, if you are an amazing photographer, I am not going to charge you because we are going to make some art. But if your photos are shitty, I am there to take you money, and then I'm done. Model prostitution.

NOT ACTUAL PROSTITUTION.


And what gets me is that if you get off on touching yourself while you take photos of a naked girl, then why don't you hire an actual prostitute?
1) I happen to know girls in this city that charge less than $100/hr to actually perform sex acts, so why not pay a girl that will actually do things to you?
2) If you don't want the sex and really do just want to touch yourself with a pretty girl around IT WOULD BE EVEN CHEAPER TO HIRE A HOOKER.
3) Why on Earth would you think that is ok? If you plan on being naked and touching yourself, those are terms that need to be set BEFORE the photoshoot. He complained to me that off of his models look uncomfortable in photos. WELL NO SHIT.

2 comments:

  1. Dear lord.
    Do you think this ever happened to Bettie Page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord that's creepy. I have a friend who, during a shoot, the photographer kept "adjusting" the very long strand of pearls she was wearing... she eventually realized he was trying to get her off by the pearls rubbing her crotch... because he asked. >.<

    I've been modelling for a little under a year now, and have yet to encounter Super Creepy Photographer. I did have one photographer offer to tie me up, and I've had *several* people on fetlife offer to pay me for my modelling services by letting me tie them up. wtf? I think some people are confused about what the terms "professional dominatrix" and "professional model" mean...

    One thing I do, for safety sake, is photograph the drivers licence of photogs I work with and email it to a friend from my phone. It's a nice backup... o.o

    ReplyDelete