Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm not dead yet.

It has brought to my attention that I haven't updated in a while. Some of you have been concerned for me. I appreciate that.

I wish I could report that I hit the lottery or married rich or something equally as fund-enhancing, but no, nothing of the like. Instead, I got a 3 week gig working for a well known department store flower show. Meaning when the store closed, I came in and watered and traded out spent plants and generally made sure things looked good for the shoppers. At the time the gig was offered the pay rate of $18/hr seemed like a godsend. Except when I got the first check and realized exactly how much of that check went to taxes.

Let me just point out one thing: after trying to work a "legitimate" job for a month I'm sad to report that I make more money working less hours at creepy fetish club.

So where is the incentive to not do it?

2 comments:

  1. You know what would be great? If people who made more money were like, taxed a little more? And then maybe people who made less money could somehow be taxed a little less? And then people who made less money could have more money and the people who made more money would still be rich because you can buy all the same shit at 200,000/yr as you can at 300,000/yr? Wouldn't that be super logical?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that would take the incentive out of working hard to get ahead for poor people.
    Just look at all the great stories we get from you because of your poverty induced adventures!
    Isn't suffering what drives great art? or is that suffering for your art? ;-)

    ReplyDelete