Monday, March 12, 2012

The Evolution of Go Go

So the other day I auditioned for a go go dancing position. I was excited. Who wouldn't love to wear vintage 60s clothes and get paid to dance on a box!?

This is what I want to be.

Well, here is the thing. When did "go go dancing" become something other than that? Because apparently I've been living under a rock and 'round these parts Go Go dancing means stripping. I honestly did not know that. I thought, you know, stripping meant stripping and go go meant go go. And we all know how qualified I am to be a stripper...

So here I was, telling everyone I could that I had a go go audition wondering why people weren't getting more excited.

But the bar I was auditioning at really WAS a go go bar in the 60s sense. Girls dance in costume to 60s soul and funk. So I have to figure out how to explain that to everyone who has the wrong idea.

I got the job.

And then last night I got called in to work a shift. And it was amazing.

Today? Not so much. I'm getting old you guys. Everything on me hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment