Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just a note about housekeeping

Having lived in college dorms and old mansion-like houses that were converted into far more units than should be legally allowed, I am familiar with odd, late-night smells wafting into my room at various times. Pizza. Or the lovely smell of bile and vodka (oh the joys of having the dorm room right next to the elevator freshman year...) but I have moved up in the world (so to speak) and I currently live in a house. A house that I have access to all parts of. A house in which I know all of the other people under the roof and can ask them about rouge smells.

What I can't figure out is why, at least two times a week, I can smell pot and bacon. It's only in my room. It's only at night. And it comes on so strong and so suddenly it's like someone made a bong out of a roasting pig and took a hit in bed with me.

Where is this COMING FROM?

3 comments:

  1. Clearly your room is haunted by a hippie ghost pig.

    PS I realize I've been commenting all over your blog. I'm not a creepy stalker, promise. A friend linked me because you reminded him of me. That's a pretty accurate assessment, I can hear myself saying/have said at some point more than half the things you say. It's grand! But, rest assured, I am no crazy stalker I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Constantina,

    I welcome your comments. It's good to know I am not crazy in my assessment of sex work. I started following your blog as well. It's a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, I just noticed your reply comment!

    Thank you :) I think I will start keeping a similar blog as yours in the near future; writing for blogs is WAY out of my normal comfort zone (I like academic writing.. it's predictable), but it's growing on me.. and I want to share some of my experiences. I still have a lot of trouble not trying to cite everything.

    If you'd ever like to guest post on my blog, please let me know! I like your style.

    ReplyDelete